Thirsk Falcons U15 Clarets

Sponsors - John Morfield Limited

Managers/Coaches: Stuart Bentley, Dave Whitfield, Brian Hobbins

Contact us: 07734111724 email stuartbentley@icloud.com

Training - Every Saturday

Matches - played at Thirsk School & Sixth Form College Topcliffe Road, Sowerby, Thirsk, North Yorkshire, YO7 1RZ   

Date
Opponents
Venue
Result
Scorers
Comments
11/9   Middleton Rangers Home 2-0         Matt McGuckin 1, Robbie Eames 1                  Good win which sets us up for a great start to the season. Our passing football was the dominant feature in the first half and slighlty more clinical in front of the goals could have increased the scoreline. Well done lads                       
18/9 Thirsk Falcons Blues (League Cup) Home 4-0 Matt McGuckin 3, Robbie Eames 1 Fantastic team effort and worthy win. Our strikers were clinical, defence solid and midfield dominant, particularly in the 2nd half. Blues are a good footballing team and the scoreline did not reflect the competitive nature of the game. Good spirit and attitude prevailed and football at Thirsk Falcons was the winner.
25/9 Thirsk Falcons Blues Away 0-3   A well deserved win for Blues, our lads never quite reached the heights of last week and went down fighting. A 5/10 performance today.
2/10 CUP        
9/10 Stockton West End Home 3-4 Matt McGuckin 2, Nathan Haworth 1 Disappointing result after leading 3-0 at half time. Lads havent quite clicked yet this season, will have to get cracking and get some wins under the belt. 
16/10 Boro Rangers (NR CUP) Home Drew 2-2 at full-time, lost 2-4 on PENS Matt McGukin 1, Robbie Eames 1 Best game of the season, the lads were outstanding and up to 75min we bossed the game and were the deservedly leaders against a very strong 1st Division team. One good goal by Boro Rangers and one fluke saw them level at full time in the last minute of the game. We went on to lose the penalty shootout 2-4. Sometimes you can do everything right and still not get the result and today was one of those days. Brilliant effort by the whole team, need to keep playing like that all season now. 
23/10 (Half term following week) Teesside Rangers Home 1-5   Weren't at the races this week. Not having our 3 strikers really limited the teams ability to score goals and despite some desperate defending, we were well and truly beaten. Looking forward to the return match to make amends.
30/10 Bishop Auckland Kings Away 5-1 Adam Bentley 1, Archie Whitfield 1, Sam Howes 1,  Good team performance again and were comfortable winners in this contest. Lads passed the ball around well and dominated the match. 
6/11 Greatham FC  'B'  (CUP) Away 5-1 Robbie Eames 3, Adam Bentley 1, Rohan Gulliver 1 Good solid performance in very blustery and cold conditions on the East Coast. Some fantastic interplay and width for our wingers gave us numerous scoring opportunities and the finishing was clinical - mostly.
13/11 Wynyard Village Home 3-0 Adam Bentley 1, Archie Whitfield 1, Matt McGuckin 1 Our best performance of the season, everyone played well and the passing was "Arsenal esk". A great team effort which made the coaches and parents very happy.
20/11

Stockton West End 

Away 5-1 Archie Whitfield 1, Robbie Eames 3, Matt McGuckin 1 Great win in cold and muddy conditions, the first half was very sluggish but the lads got into their stride and were comfortable winners in the end. Brilliant hat-trick from Robbie Eames but a good team effort and unselfish attitude in front of the goals from all our attackers. 
27/11 Stockton Rangers Home 3-3 Matt McGuckin 2, Sam Howes 1 One of our best games of the season, we should have been out of sight in the first half with numerous chances being squandered. Played some great passing football and unluckily drew this match. Well done lads though for a  top performance
4/12 New Marske (League CUP) Home 0-5   Despite a great first half performance, we were 3-0 down at half-time after hitting the cross bar twice and side-post on another occasion. Outplayed in the 2nd half by a stronger and more physical team. New Marske played some great football and deserved the win and showed why they are in Division 1. Lots to learn but a spirited performance by our lads. 
11/12 Nunthorpe Athletic Away 2-4 Seb Lyons 1, Matt McGuckin 1 75% of our game was magnificent, the other 25% cost us the match. Will need to improve our defending if we are going to move up the table. 
18/12 Norton and Stockton Ancients Away      
Christmas break
8/1 Nunthorpe Athletic Home      
15/1 Middleton Rangers Away      
22/1 Stockton West End Away      
29/1          
5/2 Bishop Auckland Kings Home      
12/2 (Half term following week - some primaries) Teesside Rangers Away      
19/2 (Half term following week - seniors) Norton and Stockton Ancients  Home      
26/2 Stockton Rangers Away      
5/3 Wynyard Village Away      
12/3          
19/3          
26/3 (Easter holidays following week)          
2/4